Thursday, April 7, 2011

What is it that is so beautiful about a well loved instrument? 

Is it the rat-a-tat-tat...
           the scent of the resin that floats on each vibrating note which tickles my ears?

Is it the jerk of the s-t-a-c-c-a-t-o notes? The sensual caress of the bow on sweet strings?  

Or the way my body sways to your song?

I have found heaven in your smile, in the light of your eyes that is music.  The magic of your fingers always anticipating that next note.  The scrolls of your violin smile in deep shades of time worn cherry. 

And we undulate in time to the rhythm like human metronomes...the rhythm and spark that is felt when the realization hits you that you are in love. 

You move me with your melodic ways, my heart smiles, my soul opens and takes flight with each delicate strike of your bow. 


Sweet harmony.  Each note sinking me deeper and deeper into the madness until I am drowning in the waves of your sound.  This instrument, which is an extension of yourself, heightens to an even greater beauty when the moon touches your intensity in shades of opal and silver.  


Staccato goes my heart, my pulse races as your notes quicken and rage. 

How do you know what is in my heart?


Mother of pearl and horsehair smooth across the strings.  The pounding of drums in my ears carry me back to that night so long forgotten when you kissed me and loved me and played me like an instrument.  Why do you haunt my revelries in such vivid colors of indigo and moonlight?  Strike my strings and remind me who I was that night.  Kiss me and taste the melody that drips from my lips like blossoming honey, sweeter with each kiss in a mad frenzy of notes. 

Jive baby!
Et Fin!







No comments:

Post a Comment