Monday, October 25, 2010

Untitled poems....

Rosewater tears streaked down her apple blossom cheeks. 
She stood alone at the edge of the lake,
the tall grasses tickling her legs.

Far off in the distance lay her hopes and aspirations
seemingly so far out of reach.
When will her time come she wondered? 
Why did everyday bring more of a mystery?

Misery and mystery measuring the moments of her life.
______________________________________________


Sometimes I dream in shades of blue (green).  I dream of walking into the ocean at night and let the cold slip around my body which soothes and burns.  I dream of slipping beneath the waves and my body so quiet...so still finds peace at last.  Sometimes I dream in shades of blue (green) that will haunt me all my years.

--Laura Betit

No comments:

Post a Comment